In this episode Katya interviews Dr. Michael Greger about his latest best selling book “How Not To Die“. Dr. Greger and Katya discuss whole foods plant based nutrition; food sensitivities; sugar in fruits; a new plant based clinic in Washington D.C., and more!
Michael Greger, MD, FACLM is a physician, New York Times bestselling author, and internationally recognized professional speaker on a number of important public health issues. Dr. Greger has lectured at the Conference on World Affairs, the National Institutes of Health, and the International Bird Flu Summit, among countless other symposia and institutions; testified before Congress; has appeared on shows such as The Colbert Report and The Dr. Oz Show; and was invited as an expert witness in defense of Oprah Winfrey at the infamous “meat defamation” trial. Currently, Dr. Greger proudly serves as the Director of Public Health and Animal Agriculture at the Humane Society of the United States.
Dr. Greger’s recent scientific publications in the American Journal of Preventive Medicine, Biosecurity and Bioterrorism, Critical Reviews in Microbiology, Family & Community Health, and the International Journal of Food Safety, Nutrition, and Public Health explore the public health implications of industrialized animal agriculture.
Dr. Greger is also licensed as a general practitioner specializing in clinical nutrition and is a founding member and Fellow of the American College of Lifestyle Medicine. He was featured on the Healthy Living Channel promoting his latest nutrition DVDs and honored to teach part of Dr. T. Colin Campbell’s esteemed nutrition course at Cornell University. Dr. Greger’s nutrition work can be found at NutritionFacts.org, which is now a 501(c)3 nonprofit charity.
He is the author of Bird Flu: A Virus of Our Own Hatching and Carbophobia: The Scary Truth Behind America’s Low Carb Craze. His latest book, How Not to Die, became an instant New York Times Best Seller. View the book trailer here. Dr. Greger is a graduate of the Cornell University School of Agriculture and the Tufts University School of Medicine.
- http://www.drgreger.org – Dr. Greger’s page
- http://nutritionfacts.org – The latest in nutrition related research delivered in easy to understand video segments brought to you by Dr. Michael Greger M.D.
- http://nutritionfacts.org/book – information about Dr. Greger’s latest book: “How Not To Die”
- https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dr.-gregers-daily-dozen/id1060700802?mt=8 – Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen App for iPhone
- https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.nutritionfacts.dailydozen – Dr. Greger’s Daily Dozen App for Android
- http://nutritionfacts.org/video/if-fructose-is-bad-what-about-fruit/ – If Fructose is Bad, What About Fruit?
- http://www.pcrm.org/barnard-medical-center – The Barnard Medical Center provides more than top-of-the-line medical care with extra attention on improving health through prevention and whole foods plant based nutrition.
How Not to Die book was a Christmas gift to myself. That was a good gift!
Each episode, Katya Trent, a Certified Health Coach, and founder of Health Coaches of Kentucky, has a conversation with a doctor about important wellness issues that can help you make a difference in your health. If you have questions about this episode or have a question you would like me to ask a doctor in my next episode just email me.
The only purpose of this podcast is to educate and to inform. It is no substitute for professional care by a doctor or other qualified medical professional.