Potatoes are one of my favorite food. Falsely potatoes are believed to be unhealthy due to their high carbohydrate content. When prepared whole and without highly processed ingredients potatoes are a wonderful source of vitamins and minerals including B6, potassium, and copper. Below is a recipe for a simple baked potato with bean corn salsa. This recipe is very satisfying, nutritious and tasty!
- 3 middle size Russet potatoes
- 1 can of black beans (drained)
- 1 1/2 cup of frozen or fresh corn (warmed up if frozen)
- 1 red bell pepper (chopped)
- 3 – 4 green onions (chopped)
- 1 big ripe avocado (chopped)
- 1/2 bunch of fresh parsley (chopped)
- 1/3 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3 tea spoon black pepper (optional)
- 1/2 lemon (juiced)
Preheat oven for 350 F. Wash potatoes. Prick them with a fork in several places. Bake for 60 minutes or until tender when pierced with a fork. Meanwhile mix beans, corn, pepper, avocado, onions, and parsley. Add salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Mix well. Serve on baked halved potatoes.